Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ash Wednesday

Today is Ash Wednesday. Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of Lent. And, for those of you who don't know, Lent is the observation of the 40 days before Easter. This is the time where Jesus wandered alone in the desert in preparation of his crucifixion. During this time, he was plagued by temptation from the Devil.

During lent, many people "give up" things. I don't really have any vices to give up, but I do like to improve myself as person. Sometimes I tell myself I'll eat better, exercise, go to church instead of sleeping in--stuff like that.

Not sure yet what I'll be doing in observation of Lent. Traditionally, we sit around at the table and come up with ideas. It's a good exercise for the kids. So tonight I'll figure it out, and then I'll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment