Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Update on Editing and Querying

RIGHT NOW: Kids are laying on the couch watching Hotel for Dogs. This is their last week of freedom--school starts next week!

LISTENING TO: Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls


So what's new with me? I've made a really cool online connection with Georgia McBride. Her website can be found here. She's a YA author who has also written a book about angels. She is way ahead of me with her agent search, and will probably get one soon! She was kind enough to look at my query and give me some suggestions. I'm super psyched about the changes and will be sending out my new query soon.

I also came across this great site. It has a list of Middle Grade and YA Publishers and Agents updated 8-1-09. It has several names that I haven't hit yet, so that's good!

And, of course, I'm still editing per my unofficial editors Deborah Lawson and Lisa Isgitt. I should be completely done by next week. I'm super excited! All this prep puts me one step closer to my agent. Yahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment