Monday, July 27, 2009

My First Positive Agent Response!

RIGHT NOW: Jake is at a one week away camp. Olivia is on the couch watching HGTV. I'm listening to Glass of Water by Coldplay.


Most of you know that I've been working on my manuscript, getting it in tip-top shape before I charge ahead with more queries. Why? Because competition is stiff, and my manuscript needs to be absolutely perfect.

To that end, I met with Lisa Isgitt and Deborah Lawson for lunch last Friday. (Both AWA friends) Lisa, a former editor, has agreed to look at my manuscript. Deborah, an avid reader, is going to do the same. How lucky I am to have such awesome friends!

So, I left the lunch feeling great. When I got home I checked my email and guess what! I had an email from an agent asking for my first three chapters!!! Yahooo!!! I'm so excited because that means she liked my query enough to want to see my work. That's a huge accomplishment!!

I reviewed the three chapters again and again and again before sending. Even had Deborah give me her feedback before sending. I made some minor changes and sent it along. Wow...

So now I wait for her response. I pray she likes my work enough to want to see more. And if she does, I will FREAK OUT and do the happy dance.

Whether or not things will pan out with this agent is yet to be seen. But it is, nonetheless, a victory for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment